Sunday, May 11, 2008

MY MOTHER -- 1927-2007









































MY MOTHER -- 1927-2007


This is a picture of Mom from the late 1980's, but she never did look a whole lot older than this.

I am remembering her today. I am recalling her positive attributes. I especially enjoyed it when I talked to her on the phone, after sending her snail mail letters and pictures of the children and grandchildren, and she would tell me how much she appreciated that and how beautiful the grandkids were.

I know she wished that I would go back to the Mormon church so I could be part of the eternal family she believed in, and I recognize the love in that desire. I wish in some ways that I could have pleased her in that way, but I had to go my own direction when it came to my beliefs.

Time certainly is passing quickly, as it seems like just yesterday that I was in Twin Falls, Idaho, and then on to Logan, Utah, to say my final goodbyes. Now I am an orphan, since my dad preceded her in death, passing away in 1991. The cycle of life goes on.

*****

I had an e-mail from my sister, Kathy, yesterday, telling me about how her nursing job is going. So far, she seems to like it fine. When she has finished orientation, she will be working 3 12-hour days a week, and they will at first be assigned by the other nurses. For being the age of 50, she has a great deal of stamina. She will need it, as she will be working nights starting in June.

*****

I watched "The Bourne Supremacy" last night, starring Matt Damon and Joan Allen. As I watched it, I realized that I may have seen it before -- perhaps a number of years ago when I was on Netflix. Either that, or the plots of this second in the Jason Bourne series and the third one, which I watched recently, were remarkably alike.

I imagine that more of a love story would have been a better, more positive movie for this weekend, but I am at the point where I take what Blockbuster Online sends me. (I don't have many movies in my queue, and I get just one at a time.)

*****

I wish everyone who reads this and is a mother a very HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY today! (That includes cat- and dog-moms, because you are nurturers, too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment