Tuesday, May 6, 2008

AM I CRUNCHY?I have








































AM I CRUNCHY?


I have good friends, Alison and Greg, who are from England but live part of the time in Virginia, near Colonial Williamsburg. (Greg has commented here quite often.) Each have their own blog, and when I checked in on Alison's yesterday, she had a picture of a green bumper sticker with white lettering on it. (She gets amazing pictures of interesting and funny license plates and bumper stickers to post on her blog.) The bumper sticker said:

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
Maggie L. Walker Governor's School"

I would provide a link to Alison's blog so that you could see the bumper sticker for yourself but she has set it up to be viewable only by friends and family.

At any rate, she wondered what it meant, and so did I. I checked it out on Google and found the saying in a number of different contexts -- mostly on other blogs -- but no where did I see it explained. Do you know what it means? If so, let us know!

*****

Today is a big day in U.S. politics, as the Indiana and North Carolina primaries are being held. I will definitely be watching the results tonight. Go Obama!

*****

Yesterday while I was on the computer in the afternoon, I suddenly heard the welcome sound of the lawn mower outside. I hadn't said anything to Jeff about the lawn needing mowing but he apparently knew that it was about time, and he spent a good while mowing it. When I wrote my e-mail to thank him, he said that he hadn't been able to do as much as he had wished to because the rain had made the grass quite wet and it hadn't dried out enough to cut well. That's not a problem as far as I'm concerned because it is great to have the grass short. (Which once again reminds me of my mother-in-law's saying that the two things she liked best were a haircut on a man and a freshly-mowed lawn.) I also enjoy the smell of fresh-cut grass.

*****

I just took a Vicodin so -- once again -- I expect to get drowsy in a little bit. I skipped mine this morning as I was driving to Costco and back. I am going to try to get by tomorrow morning without it again, as I will once again be driving, and then go for 1/2 of a Vicodin in the afternoon and probably keep it at 1/2 tabs for a couple of days. I don't want to get hooked on this pain killer, as has happened to other people.

I received information about high blood pressure this morning in the mail, from my HMO, Kaiser. I am hoping and praying that my blood pressure will be much lower tomorrow. One of the recommendations I noticed in the literature I received was to avoid salt, which I already knew was the case for someone with high blood pressure. Kind of weird about that, though, is the fact that I've had low sodium counts and they just have come up in this last batch of tests, according to my doctor last week.

*****

I watched most of the episodes of "Little People, Big World" that ran on the Learning Channel yesterday evening. For some reason, after I watched the part towards the end of the last one shown, where Amy suggests to Matt that maybe they should separate, I came upstairs and didn't watch the last of it, so I don't know what happened. I guess I'll have to catch the following episode next week to find out, unless some kind-hearted soul who watched it can fill me in. It does appear that Matt got himself in a fix in doing a huge remodel of their house. I have to wonder how he managed to extricate himself from that -- IF he did!

Then I watched "Jon and Kate Plus 8". It's a cute family but I certainly wouldn't be able to handle having 8 children! At least, Jon doesn't seem to be rolling his eyes over some of the things Kate says when they are being interviewed now. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment