Saturday, May 24, 2008

ENCHANTED BY McDREAMYI watched the























ENCHANTED BY McDREAMY


I watched the Disney movie, "Enchanted", last night, and I thought I knew pretty much what to expect because of seeing previews of it on TV. I guessed that it was going to be a little on the dumb side, and the main reason I had ordered it from Blockbuster Online for viewing was due to Patrick Dempsey (Grey's Anatomy's "McDreamy", shown above) being the main source of eye candy in it.

I was pleasantly surprised, but more by Dempsey's performance in it than any other factor, although Susan Sarandon wasn't half bad. Dempsey made even the cutesy and rather dumb situations somewhat believable. And it was a relief to see a movie without bad language (I was raised to be somewhat of a prude and bad words still grate at me when I hear them in movies). I think it is a good movie for older grade-school-age children through adults, although it may be that it could bore some adults, perhaps the kind who prefer more sophisticated movie fare in general.

I had a strange reaction after I watched "Enchanted", in that I got depressed for a little while. Then I realized that I had been brought up on "Cinderella," "Sleeping Beauty," and "Peter Pan"; in other words, a world of fantasy via Disney movies, and perhaps there was a part of my subconscious remaining from my childhood that wished the fantasies I have seen in such movies could be reality. Once I recognized that as the source of my depressed feeling, it went away.

I think it's about time to go to Blockbuster and see if there are a couple more movies to put in my queue. It is a very short one but I'll see if I can't make it somewhat longer today. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment