Thursday, June 5, 2008

THE VICODIN FUZZY-BRAINI





































THE VICODIN FUZZY-BRAIN


I took a Vicodin about an hour ago, and my head is telling me it's time to sleep. LOL! How could I take a Vicodin when they didn't come in the mail yesterday? you may ask. Well, I did a second check of the mailbox last night and either I missed them the first time around or else the mailman had accidentally skipped them the first time he came through and brought them back to the mailbox later. I have traded off a brain that thinks at the moment for a pain-free arm. I will try to write this post all the same; if that doesn't work, I will save it as a draft and get back to it later on.

I had purchased ingredients for a couple of dishes yesterday morning so I decided to make them while they were fresh yesterday afternoon, using my left arm as much as possible. The first was Blueberry Breakfast Scones from the Better Homes and Gardens Simple Everyday Diabetic Meals Cookbook. Here are pictures of them -- first on the cookie sheet and ready to bake, then baked and glazed, and a piece on a plate, ready to eat. They contain finely-grated orange peel in addition to blueberries -- yum!

Blueberry Breakfast Scones ready to bake

Baked Blueberry Breakfast Scones

Blueberry Breakfast Scone before eating -- yum!

The only problem I had with them was getting the inside baked completely. It isn't bad -- just a hair underdone -- so I am warming the slices up before eating them.

*****

Yesterday I had an e-mail from a lady who is working on the Schmap Northwest Photo Shortlist, and she wanted to know if it was okay to put the following photo in contention for use in her project.

Sternwheeler

The shot is of the Sternwheeler, which had been moored at the Columbia River Maritime Museum in Astoria, Oregon, for the previous couple of days before heading upstream. This picture was a lucky capture. It will be fun if it is selected.

*****

BTW, thank you to everyone who urged me to contact the doctor about my arm. I have e-mailed her, although there has been no response yet. They do say to give the clinician 48 hours to get back to the patient. I have waited this long; it won't matter much if I have to wait another couple of days. My feeling is that the arm is just slow to heal, but maybe she will have other ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment