Friday, June 20, 2008

THISTLES ARE GONE!My





































THISTLES ARE GONE!


My middle son Jeff came down a little bit ago and made short work of the thistles out by the garage, which is appreciated more than I can tell you. I had used shears and cut the ones I had taken out but he brought a hoe and wore a glove and was able to take the rest out by the roots.

He and I are discussing landscaping services, and who to contact to get bids. I need to figure out exactly what I want done and when so that I will be able to make my wishes known. It is going to take a bit of thought. Perhaps I can contemplate it while I work this weekend, although I hate to take my mind too much off my work so that I don't make mistakes.

*****

DIL Kris (oldest son J.D.'s wife) will be here soon to put non-slip material on my front steps. I am looking forward to that! They have been getting terribly slippery and even dangerous in the rain.

*****

I heard from all of my kids today; youngest son Tony wrote and let me know that he has succeeded in getting Majesty's therapeutic horse biscuits into some Costco stores. I am very happy for him as he has worked so hard at this.

I also learned that his boys, my grandsons Michael, 9 1/2, and Alex, 7 1/2, aren't in Florida yet and won't be leaving for another 10 days. I don't know how long they will be gone. They will be staying with their other grandparents.

*****

I have a notice saying that Blogger will be down at 3:00 p.m., PDT, but only for about 10 minutes for maintenance.

A note: It has been "delayed." I don't know till when. I shouldn't have even mentioned it. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment