Monday, June 23, 2008

AN EXCITING PHONE CALLI was just napping (and it was a good

AN EXCITING PHONE CALL

I was just napping (and it was a good nap, too) when my sleep was interrupted by a phone call. The caller ID said Kroger, who I know owns the Fred Meyer stores, so I answered the phone rather than screening the call.

The lady on the other end of the line identified herself as from Kroger and said she had just received my e-mail about Rachel and what a good and kind job she did last Wednesday in checking out my groceries while I was in pain from my physical therapy. The lady (sorry, I didn't get her name, maybe Cindy?) said she had called to thank me for my comment and that she was just about to call the Canby Fred Meyer store's manager and tell him or her what I had said about Rachel.

I felt a little shy about that but mostly excited! I don't that often have an opportunity to do something nice for someone else, and I am really happy that Rachel will be getting this well-deserved pat on the back! I don't know if she is working there today or not but I imagine she will get the news sometime soon.

Needless to say, the call woke me up and I can't get back to sleep now. That's okay -- I suppose Silver (who was on my lap at the time) will forgive me. ;-) I am just feeling really happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment