Saturday, June 28, 2008

TEMPORARY LOSS OF BLOGGING EQUILIBRIUMI am not
















TEMPORARY LOSS OF BLOGGING EQUILIBRIUM


I am not sure how much I will be blogging in the next few days. Today, for sure, I feel off-balance and uninspired, mainly because my heart is someplace else. Last night, I learned that a beloved family member most likely has cancer of the thyroid. (As I am not sure how far this little family wants the news publicized, I am not naming names until I have permission to do so.) The results of her biopsy came back as highly suspicious and the mass was deemed likely cancerous. Whether benign or cancerous, she will have surgery for its removal and, if it is malignant, she will have radiation treatments, which will mean being away from her little ones 3 or 4 days at a time.

I let a number of my Christian friends know about this situation and I received promises of prayers as well as encouraging news. One friend told me last night that her cousin had the same experience and only needed radiation once after her surgery, thus minimal time was spent away from her family. Another friend told me today that her daughter-in-law also had the same thing happen to her and just successfully gave birth to a new baby girl. Above all, I know God answers prayers and that He is in control.

*****

I thought the above picture was appropriate today. If you cannot read the writing on it, it says: "A person cannot see the rainbow without first seeing the storm . . . "

No comments:

Post a Comment