Wednesday, March 26, 2008

BLACK BEAN SALSAI'm









































BLACK BEAN SALSA


I'm going to switch gears here today and have my entry be about food, and particularly the black bean salsa recipe I am typing in and that is pictured below. I received the recipe from Shannon on my Genchat newsgroup. It is delicious!

BLACK BEAN SALSA

Makes 8 1/2-cup servings

1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 garlic clove, minced

Mix above ingredients and boil 2 minutes, then pour over the vegetables listed below.

1 cup whole kernel corn
1 cup chopped tomatoes or red bell pepper (I used cherry tomatoes)
3/4 cup chopped sweet onion
1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed

Enjoy salsa with tortilla chips (I am using Fritos scoops) or serve on top of a green salad with 2 Tablespoons low-fat sour cream.

--Holly Marsh via Shannon

I haven't had this salsa with the chips for my afternoon snack yet but I plan to do so in a little while. Shannon says it gets better as it sits in the fridge.

















I didn't put this photo and recipe on my Flickr site because I've gotten kind of tired of people commenting that my food doesn't look good. I think that the darkness of some of the photos I have posted has something to do with the Corel Paint Shop Pro X program that I have to use to upload my pictures. So it is just being put here for you, my friends and readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment