Monday, April 7, 2008

A Child Learns...If a





































A Child Learns...


If a child lives with criticism...
He learns to condemn.

If a child lives with hostility...
He learns to fight.

If a child lives with ridicule...
He learns to be shy.

If a child lives with shame...
He learns to feel guilty.

If a child lives with tolerance...
He learns to be patient.

If a child lives with encouragement...
He learns confidence.

If a child lives with praise...
He learns to appreciate.

If a child lives with fairness...
He learns justice.

If a child lives with security...
He learns to trust in himself and others.

If a child lives with honesty...
He learns what truth is.

If a child lives with approval...
He learns to like himself.

If a child lives with acceptance and love...
He learns to find love in the world.

Author Unknown

I received the above from an online friend, Mary Jane, in New Jersey. I had seen it and may have had a copy of it longer ago but not in recent years. I loved it from the first time I read it. It explains so much about nurturing parenting and also the opposite. I thought I'd post it in case there were those of my readers who had never read it before.

*****

I received my first birthday gift today -- from my friend Edith in Toronto. She wanted to get it to me before I went to the coast on Sunday. It is the book "Dreams of my Father" by Barack Obama. I will take "The Good Husband of Zebra Drive" by Alexander McCall Smith as well, and read that first as it's a short book.

Edith's birthday card to me was soooo funny - it really cracked me up! It's very true-to-life, too. The front has a cartoon dog on the computer saying, "Just found this cool new WEBSITE for people YOUR AGE!" Then on the inside it says, "www.NAPQUEST.com" and down below, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY". LOL! And, of course, I am feeling just about ready for my early afternoon nap. ROFL!

*****

The cartoons above just happen to be especially disgusting today. I hadn't planned it that way; I received them and wrote them on my daily calendar at different times. Just consider them my contribution to the weight loss plans of those readers who are dieting. Hee hee!

No comments:

Post a Comment